SOME DEFINITIONS“Personal Information” means information that, alone or when in combination with other information, may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as name, address, email address, and/or phone number. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual. We may also collect Personal Information in the future in connection with surveys, though we do not conduct these at the time of this posting. “Non-Personal Information” means information that does not identify any individual, including, without limitation IP type, IP host address, ISP address, cookie IDs and segment IDs associated with cookie IDs, pages viewed and/or search terms entered, browser type, operating system, duration and frequency of visits, anonymous usage statistics including frequency of messaging and interaction with other users, clickstream data other log file data, or social analytics and tracking measurements. On mobile devices, we may also collect device type, make and model, operating system, carrier, user ID, similar device IDs, and information about the apps you use.
|CATEGORY||SOURCE EXAMPLES||SOURCED FROM||COLLECTED||SOLD|
|Identifiers||Your name, postal address, phone number, email address, internet protocol (IP) address, or other similar identifiers||You, our business partners, third parties you direct to share information with us, social networks||YES||NO|
|California Customer Records (personal info categories listed in California Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||Contact information and payment information (credit card details or other financial information)||You, our business partners and/or affiliates, third parties you direct to share information with us, social networks||YES||NO|
|Protected Classification Characteristics under California or federal laws||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||You, our business partners and/or affiliates, third parties you direct to share information with us, social networks||NO, unless via employment||NO|
|Commercial Information||Shopping, online purchase history, whether you created a consumer or a business account||You, your web browser or device||YES||NO|
|Biometric Information (per 1798.140 section of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018)||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||You||NO||NO|
|Internet or Network Activity Information||Browsing history, search history, log of customer interaction with website, application or advertisement||Your web browser or device||YES||NO|
|Geolocation Data||Precise location information||Your browser or device||YES||NO|
|Sensory Data||Audio recordings of phone calls with us, where permitted by law||You||YES||NO|
|Professional or Employment Information||Your employment history provided in a resume or application or interview||Directly from you, from third parties where you share information with us||YES||NO|
|Non-Public Education Information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||Educational history and degree information (applicants)||Directly from you, from third parties where you share information with us||YES||NO|
|Other Personal Information||Social media posts, email contents||You, third parties you direct to share information from us, your browser or device||YES||NO|
|Inferences Drawn From Other Personal Information||Predictions or profiles about your interests and preferences||Your browser or device, information generated or derived from your online browsing and usage activity||YES||NO|
- with our third-party service providers;
- to comply with legal obligations;
- to protect and defend our rights and property; and
- with your permission.
NOTE: We do not rent, sell, share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. Here are the categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information for a business purpose:
- Service providers and advisors that perform services for us, on our behalf, which may include providing marketing and advertising services, providing mailing or email services, tax and accounting services, data enhancement services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or similar services;
- Product Suppliers who may use the information to fulfill warranty service obligations, product recalls, or perform transaction tracking regarding shipments or leases of supplier products or similar activities;
- Businesses as needed to provide Services or to fulfil your request or transaction, including, for example, order fulfilment, payment processing, or delivery or shipping services;
- Ad networks and advertising partners to deliver advertising and personalized content to you on our Service, on other sites and services you may use, and across other devices you may use, as well as provide on behalf of advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research;
- Analytics providers to better understand the demographics of our users and visitors, and to personalize, enhance and improve our Service;
- Social networks for advertising or personalization purposes, or to engage with you.
3. YOUR CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTSAs a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the Personal Information collected. Keep in mind that Sunco does not sell your Personal Information.
|The Right to Know||You have the right to request any or all of the following information (relating to your personal information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months), upon verification of your identity:
|The Right to Request Deletion||You have the right to request the deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.|
|The Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales||You have the right to direct us not to sell personal information we have collected about you to third parties now or in the future.|
|The Right to Non-Discrimination||You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising these rights.
However, please note that if the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process Personal Information (such as in the case of a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you our products and services or engage with you in the same manner as previously, such as needing an email to sign into your online account.
|“Shine the Light”||California residents that have an established business relationship with us have rights to know how their information is disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civ. Code § 1798.83).|
4. TO EXERCISE YOUR CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTSTo exercise your California Consumer Rights, please submit a request by:
- Filling out a California Consumer Rights Request in this form, or
- Call Customer Service at 844-334-9938, or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Shine the Light” in the subject line.
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request, which may require us to request additional personal information from you or require you to log into your Sunco account online, if you have one. We will only use personal information provided in connection with a Consumer Rights Request to review and comply with the request. In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the rights described above, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity or locate your information in our systems. If we are unable to comply with all or a portion of your request, we will explain the reasons for declining to comply with the request.
In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the rights described above, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity or locate your information in our systems. If we are unable to comply with all or a portion of your request, we will explain the reasons for declining to comply with the request.
5. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Updates may be made to this California Privacy Notice page. We will change the last updated notice at the beginning of these disclosures. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in this notification.
If you have questions or concerns about this notice and the details herein, or other privacy matters, please send an email to email@example.com.